Thursday, September 25

Osaka Castle.


Our view walking up the grounds 

 Bottom gate entrance, original.

Original stairs - we were walking on modern stairs built to the side 

 Part of the mote surrounding the castle grounds

Old man having a rough day. He even kicked his crocs off before knocking out 

Ancient Japanese cannon

 Before crossing the bridge to the castle grounds

Tyler handling the camera... 

I love these trees.

View of Osaka from the top of the main tower 

Original stone base wall from the 14th century 

Tickets, check. English pamphlet, check. 

Read

Opposite side of castle + my lovies.

So this castle was first built in 1583. Over the years, it was burned down from fires & destroyed by war.
Reconstructed several times, the final project was done in 1995.
Although this is a concrete reproduction of the original, the grounds, the buildings surrounding it &
artifacts displayed inside the castle are very much original. It was amazing!


 photo EmilySignature_zps0043f664.png

6 comments :

  1. Ohhhh to live in a castle with a moat. Heaven! Love the history of it and glad it was restored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahah... nothing like kicking your Crocs off after a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so I just caught up on all of these posts I've been missing and I don't even know where to start. Every single picture is stunning and I'm jealous... Y'all are really taking in some awesome sights! I am loving my tour of Japan via Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much, lovey! It's been so fun. But I'm starting to get a little homesick...

      Delete
  4. Loved these pictures and living vicariously through your adventures. :)

    ReplyDelete